KEYSTONE FESTIVALS INTRODUCES RFID WRISTBANDS AND FOOD PASSES FOR SUMMER 2022!
Check out our guide to this fun update for festival tickets and learn how easy it is to use RFID technology at Keystone events.
Both pre-purchased ticket package holders and walk-up guests will get to use RFID food passes at Keystone Festivals this summer. All attendees who have pre-purchased a festival ticket will receive either an RFID-enabled wristband or a food pass when they redeem their ticket at Festival Check-In! These items come pre-loaded with the included food samples, beers, and tasting opportunities for your ticket type.
Not sure you want to commit to a festival package? You can go for the a-la-carte food and drink pass option! Pick up a blue Keystone Festivals Food & Drink pass to use at Food Booths and outdoor festival bars.
New this year – if you use up all your pre-loaded food samples- you’ll be able to easily attach your credit card to your wristband to get one more bite of your favorite tasty morsel.
Below is a list of tips to make your RFID experience simple and smooth!
ARE YOU A WALK-UP GUEST? LEARN HOW TO CONNECT YOUR A-LA-CARTE FOOD & DRINK PASS (OR YOUR WRISTBAND) TO YOUR CREDIT CARD:
- FIND AN ACTIVATION STATION- there are two locations in the village. There will be one in Warren Station and one located outside of Christy Sports. There will be volunteers at each station to help you if needed.
- CLICK THE “CHECK-IN” BUTTON ON THE KIOSK- there will be a black tablet at the activation station. Click the check-in button and swipe or insert your credit card to get started.
- FOLLOW THE SCREEN PROMPTS- there will be a series of prompts to follow, ending with your credit card attached to your food pass or your wristband.
- WHEN PROMPTED, TAP THE FOOD PASS OR YOUR WRISTBAND ON THE READER- this finalizes your transaction! Your food pass or wristband is connected to your credit card and ready to be used to purchase food and drinks!
- RECOMMENDED- create a 4-digit pin code to secure your account. If you accidentally drop your food pass, no one will be able to use it without the pin.
PRE-PURCHASED TICKETS? LEARN HOW TO USE YOUR TICKET PACKAGE WRISTBAND:
- BACON & BOURBON FESTIVAL: FOR COMPLIMENTARY BEER, LEMONADES, AND CRAFTS- each tab on your Hungry Hog wristband is good for one beer or seltzer. Your piglet’s lemonade is redeemable at the bar as well. Piglets can also redeem their craft at The Frosted Flamingo van. (pro-tip: Wait to tear off tabs until you get to the bar.)
- FOR INCLUDED FOOD SAMPLES, TAP THE RFID CHIP ON THE SCANNER AT THE FOOD BOOTH – your festival RFID wristband comes with 10 bacon food credits to use 10 different festival food booths! (pro-tip: after you use all 10 of your pre-loaded credits and want a second sample of any dish, attach your credit card to your wristband at an activation station.)
- SHOW YOUR WRISTBAND OR FOOD PASS – flash your wristband or food-only pass to each bacon booth and TINCUP whiskey tour stop to taste your way through the festival. Each food booth will scan your Hungry Hog wristband or Festival Food Pass and deduct 1/10 food credits. Once you’ve used all 10 you can get more by attaching your bank card and continuing to scan your band or pass.
HOW TO USE YOUR A-LA-CARTE (WALK-UP) FOOD & DRINK PASS
- CONNECT TO YOUR BANK CARD AT AN ACTIVATION STATION – find one of our activation stations, either at Warren Station or the blue tent outside of Christy’s Sports. Follow the prompts on the screens, and don’t forget to create a pin.
- GRAB A LANYARD – don’t lose this pass! Grab a lanyard, and hang on tight.
- TAP THE RFID ENABLED PASS AT A FOOD BOOTH TO GET A SAMPLE OR AT THE BAR TO GET A DRINK – treat this card like your credit card, and enjoy your day! The cost of a food sample or drink will be charged to your card. One taste of food = $5, and drinks at the bar vary in price from $8 – $10.
MORE FUN FACTS ABOUT YOUR RFID WRISTBAND OR FESTIVAL FOOD PASS:
- Your festival package wristband or food pass comes preloaded with ten food credits to be used at ten different participating festival food tents.
- Once you scan your package pre-loaded wristband or pass and use your credit at a food booth, you can’t use preloaded credits at that booth again.
- Once you use all your pre-loaded credits on your Hungry Hog or Piglet Package, you can attach your credit card to your wristband or food pass at any activation station. You then can use your wristband or food pass at any food booth.
- If you purchase an a-la-carte food and drink pass, you will be allowed to use it at both the food booths and the bars.
- Not sure what’s included in your festival package? Check out each festival’s ticketing page for the details!