RFID 101: THE IN’S & OUT’S OF TAP-TO-PAY AT KEYSTONE FESTIVALS
KEYSTONE FESTIVALS- RFID WRISTBANDS AND FOOD PASSES RETURN FOR SUMMER 2023!
Check out our guide for festival tickets and learn how easy it is to use RFID technology at Keystone events.
Both pre-purchased ticket package holders and walk-up guests will get to use RFID food passes at Keystone Festivals. All attendees who have pre-purchased a festival ticket will receive either an RFID-enabled wristband or a food pass when they redeem their ticket at Festival Check-In! These items come pre-loaded with the included food samples, beers, and tasting opportunities for your ticket type.
Not sure you want to commit to a festival package? You can go for the a-la-carte food and drink pass option! Pick up a blue Keystone Festivals Food & Drink pass to use at Food Booths and outdoor festival bars.
Pro Tip: If you use up all your pre-loaded food samples, you’ll be able to easily attach your credit card to your wristband to get one more bite of your favorite tasty dish.
Below is a list of tips to make your RFID experience simple and smooth!
ARE YOU A WALK-UP GUEST? LEARN HOW TO CONNECT YOUR A-LA-CARTE FOOD & DRINK PASS (OR YOUR WRISTBAND) TO YOUR CREDIT CARD:
- FIRST, FIND AN ACTIVATION STATION- there are two locations in the village. There will be one in Warren Station and one located outside of Christy Sports. There will be volunteers at each station to help you if needed.
- THEN, CLICK THE “CHECK-IN” BUTTON ON THE KIOSK- there will be a black tablet at the activation station. Click the check-in button and swipe or insert your credit card to get started.
- FOLLOW THE SCREEN PROMPTS- there will be a series of prompts to follow, ending with your credit card attached to your food pass or your wristband.
- WHEN PROMPTED, TAP THE FOOD PASS OR YOUR WRISTBAND ON THE READER- this finalizes your transaction! Your food pass or wristband is connected to your credit card and ready to be used to purchase food and drinks!
- WE RECOMMENDED- creating a 4-digit pin code to secure your account. If you accidentally drop your food pass, no one will be able to use it without the pin.
DO YOU HAVE PRE-PURCHASED TICKETS? LEARN HOW TO USE YOUR TICKET PACKAGE WRISTBAND:
- BACON & BOURBON FESTIVAL: FOR COMPLIMENTARY BEER, LEMONADES, AND CRAFTS- each tab on your Hungry Hog wristband is good for one beer or seltzer at the festival bar. Your piglet’s lemonade is redeemable at the bar as well. Piglets can also redeem their craft at The Frosted Flamingo van. (Pro Tip: Wait to tear off tabs until you get to the bar!)
- FOR INCLUDED FOOD SAMPLES, TAP THE RFID CHIP ON THE SCANNER AT THE FOOD BOOTH – your festival RFID wristband comes with 4 bacon food credits to use at 4 festival food booths! If you have a 2-Glass, 1-Food pass for Wine or Bluegrass, you’ll each have 3 credits on your wristband! (Pro Tip: after you use all of your pre-loaded credits and want to keep eating and drinking, attach your credit card to your wristband at an activation station.)
- SHOW YOUR WRISTBAND OR FOOD PASS – flash your wristband or food-only pass to each bacon booth and TINCUP whiskey tour stop to taste your way through the festival. At Wine & Jazz and Bluegrass & Beer, flash your wristband to the breweries and wine tents to taste!HOW TO USE YOUR A-LA-CARTE (WALK-UP) FOOD & DRINK PASS
- CONNECT TO YOUR BANK CARD AT AN ACTIVATION STATION – find one of our activation stations, either at Warren Station or the blue tent outside of Christy’s Sports. Follow the prompts on the screens, and don’t forget to create a pin! Creating a pin will ensure no one else can use your badge if you drop it.
- GRAB A LANYARD – don’t lose this pass! Grab a lanyard, and hang on tight.
- TAP THE RFID ENABLED PASS AT A FOOD BOOTH TO GET A SAMPLE OR AT THE BAR TO GET A DRINK – treat this card like your credit card, and enjoy your day! The cost of a food sample or drink will be charged to your card. One taste of food = $5, and drinks at the bar vary in price from $8 – $10. (Pro Tip: You will get an email receipt each time you use your card!)
MORE FUN FACTS ABOUT YOUR RFID WRISTBAND OR FESTIVAL FOOD PASS:
- Once you scan your package pre-loaded wristband or pass and use your credit at a food booth, you can go back for seconds of your favorite food dish this year!
- With our Billfold tap-to-pay system, you don’t have to choose a specific pre-load amount, you’ll just pay as you go, meaning no food tickets go to waste!
- If you purchase an a-la-carte food and drink pass, you will be able to use it at both the food booths and the bars.
- Not sure what’s included in your festival package? Check out each festival’s ticketing page for the details!