Go hog wild and be sure to pig out. The Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour returns to Keystone Resort’s River Run Village June 25-26 with 3,000 lbs. of bacon in every shape, size and variety.
To help enjoy all of that bacon, here’s a list of ways to pig out and be a pork dork at the Keystone Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour:
- Drink bacon. That’s right. Add a side of bacon plus some celery, olives, lemon, lime and maybe some more bacon and you’ve created the best, most yummy Bloody Mary.
- Sweet bacon. If you love bacon, imagine it with chocolate. Can you say yum and yum? Make sure to sample some of the sweeter bacon bites at the festival like bacon s’mores, bacon ice cream, donuts sprinkled with bacon and chocolate-covered bacon.
- Get a PhD in Bacon. If you’re a true bacon connoisseur, the Bacon Education Center is the place where you can immerse yourself in all things bacon. Smell, eat and learn about the sizzling, tasty meat. You can get even get a diploma from Bacon U! – the only “college” of its kind, providing instruction in bacon fellowship, bacon preparation, bacon processing and the bacon arts. Plus, it’s free.
- Bacon straight up. If you love bacon, then you’re in luck. Sample bacon, bacon and more bacon strips all day long for two straight days. It’s a bacon festival. The best way to celebrate is to eat … well, you guessed it, bacon. Tasting tickets are $4. Packages range from $20-55.
- Shake your bacon. Amp up your bacon with a dose of AC/DC. Hell’s Belles, the all-girls AC/DC tribute band returns for their sixth appearance at the Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour. Don’t miss the other free music.
Don’t forget to hashtag #keystonebacon and share a bacon selfie for your chance to win free bacon for a year. Or enter the bacon eating contest.