Talk about pigging out! Bacon comes to Keystone this weekend at the 7th Keystone Bacon and Bourbon Festival
The Keystone Bacon and Bourbon Festival returns to Keystone Resort’s River Run Village June 24-25 with bacon, bourbon, bacon and more bacon. In total, there will be 3,000 lbs. of bacon in every shape, size and variety.
To help enjoy all of that bacon, here’s a list of our favorite things to do, eat and see at the 7th annual Bacon and Bourbon Festival:
- Drink bacon. That’s right. Add a side of bacon and maybe some more bacon and you’ve created the best, most yummy Bloody Mary. In fact, Keystone’s Bacon Bloody Mary is the festival’s signature cocktail and a can’t miss of the festival.
- Sweet bacon. If you love bacon, imagine it with chocolate. Can you say yum and yum? Make sure to sample some of the sweeter bacon bites at the festival like a bourbon chocolate dipped bacon banana, bacon ice cream and bacon dipped in cayenne infused chocolate.
- Bacon Education. Get schooled at the Bacon Education Center on topics such as the Art of Makin’ Bacon…at Home! Camp Bacon…for Kids and the Art of Building Bourbon and Whiskey. Don’t miss the chance to earn your Bacon Diploma throughout the weekend at Quaking Aspen Amphitheater – all for free!
- Bacon straight up. If you love bacon, then you’re in luck. Sample bacon, bacon and more bacon strips all day long for two straight days. It’s a bacon festival. The best way to celebrate is to eat … well, you guessed it, bacon. Tasting tickets are $4. Bacon packages range from $20-$55 and can be purchased in advance.
- Helle’s Belles and other free music. Hell’s Belles returns for their 7th appearance at the Keystone Bacon and Bourbon Festival . Rock on to the all-girls AC/DC tribute band. Don’t miss the other free shows from One Flew West, Panda’s and People, Coaltown Reunion and Mike Clark & The Sugar Sounds
For more information, click your way to www.keystonefestivals.com. Don’t forget to take a bacon selfie and hashtag #keystonemoments and #keystonebacon to win free bacon for a year.